Sunday 8 December 2013

The Whole ‘I am Gay’ Publicity Stunt!


Being an open gay man, I was very happy to hear of Tom Daley’s ‘coming out’ story, but with such a media interest, I cannot help but wonder if the whole thing was a publicity stunt for Tom’s new TV series ‘Splash’
Mr Daley wrote this on his twitter just a couple of hours ago…
Tom Daley ‏@TomDaley1994
Thanks for your support :) Still Tom. Still diving. Going for gold in 2016. What I am or who I date shouldn’t matter. #Road2Rio
Wise words for such a young guy….. BUT
And I use a major BUT
If who you are, or who you date…. does not matter, then why announce such a big chunk of your personal life on YOUTUBE.
I lost a huge amount of respect for Tom after reading this comment on his official twitter page.
Being gay is a struggle day to day, due to the high mass of homophobia some of us go threw
 hearing Tom’s latest  video about him being in a relationship with a man and referring to himself as  ’BI’ tells us, that he is still keeping options open to both his male and female fanbase…
But I begin to worry if this is just a way for Tom and his management team to CASH in until he takes part in the Rio Olympics in 2016???
I hope I am wrong, but seeing how Tom is now has become a celebrity more than a diver…..
Is this just a way for the Tom Daley to sell more books/calendars and become a million pound brand?
Whats your opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment