Monday 26 August 2013

My TIMES Article ‘Wasted Youth’


Just found an old newspaper which featured an article I had written for The Times newspaper in 2006.
I was asked to write about my eating disorder, as part of the UK’s Eating Disorder Awareness week, I had been sugarcoated for weeks by the magazines journalist, who promised to help me with a book I was writing.
Only to find Monday morning, my photo appearing with the headline ‘WASTED YOUTH’ on the front page, I was embarrassed, and felt I had been taken advantage off.
I only took the offer, of the promise of getting help with my book, I can assure you I was never paid to take part, nor was I ever offered any help/support for my book.
It was a start of my adventures in the media world, where I learned people will use and abuse you no matter, if your young or ill, if a journalist has to use a headline to sell papers, they will do it.
I guess I can say…. within hours my face was used to wrap some greasy fish and  chips…….. which also sums my life as well… LOL
C’est La Vie and FUCK YOU ‘THE TIMES’

No comments:

Post a Comment